The Caleb Club is a spiritual and benevolent club for seniors who are dedicated to returning America back to her Christian roots.
The Caleb club is a for people of retirement age who are dedicated to undergirding the ministry of their local church through prayer, fasting, mentoring, witnessing and giving.
How it works:
There are four success principles upon which the Caleb club rests. Each principle works to build a successful church by using one of the churches most under-utilized resources, senior citizens.
- Recruit to a great cause
- Train in Christian ministry
- Equip with good tools
- Hold to a high standard of accountability
- You will learn what the principles of fasting are
- You will be challenged to commit to fasting one meal
- You will be challenged to commit to fast for one day each week or longer
You will lean to pray more effectively
- Set an exact time or times each day to pray
- Become part of a prayer support team
- Become part of the pastoral intercessory prayer team
You will learn to become an effective witness
- You will learn the Biblical method of witnessing
- You will learn to overcome your awkwardness in witnessing and share your faith with confidence
- You will learn the importance of being a prayer worker while others are out witnessing
You will learn how to give effectively
- Giving of your time is just as important as giving financially
- Giving financially to God will produce blessings
- Those who can give and those who go will share alike in the reward
Introduction: It is the author’s firm conviction after observing and working with church members over the past 65 years that many of God’s children have never learned their spiritual phonics and do not understand who they are and how to serve God acceptably. The biggest problem with this writing is to keep it short and simple. The Bible is man’s life manual and he is commanded to study it continually, II Timothy 2:15. The Bible promises to completely furnish man with wisdom in every realm of his life, II Timothy 3:16-17.
This lesson is just a few pointers to the child of God and will enable him to understand the basic steps of getting started in the main things of being a good, obedient Christian.
1. You are the steward over your life and not the owner or boss, I Corinthians 6:19-20. Paul seemed surprised that the Corinthian Christians didn’t realize that they had become servants and not the lord or boss in their lives when he wrote, “WHAT? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
2. You were created to serve God and give Him pleasure. God gave you life and allows you to live on His earth and wants you to be happy. John 10:10 reveals this principle: “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
But in order for you to obtain this happiness you must strive to please God and give Him pleasure, “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were
Paul gives the Corinthian Christians a simple rule to follow which will give God pleasure and bring them happiness in I Corinthians 10:31.created.”
Since you are not your own then judge everything you do in the light of whether or not it is pleasing to God. “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”
3. You were sent into the world for a distinct reason or purpose. Many times a person thinks he was saved so he would not go to Hell and begins to enjoy the benefits and fellowship of God’s people. He gets saved and then begins to put his job and personal desires before his service to God. Apostle Peter was thrilled with his new Christian life and wanted to return to his old job of being a commercial fisherman. Jesus, in essence, said, “No, Peter, I saved you for a purpose.”
In fact, Paul tells Timothy that God has sent every one of us into the world for a particular job or purpose in II Timothy 1:9, “Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,”
4. You are saved to walk in His ways. God finds a person who is condemned, lost in sin, and who will spend eternity suffering in Hell and saves him totally by grace. Then God offers him grace and wisdom to walk in the ways of peace and purpose. “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
a. Commitment on the part of the Believer. Joshua made a strong commitment to service when he said, “As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15 We must make the same commitment if we are going to please God.
b. Surrender to the Lord Jesus. The Apostle Paul knew how determined people were to do their own thing instead of surrendering to do God’s will when he pled with the Romans in Romans 12:1-2, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
c. Dying to self and to one’s desires. God has a good, perfect and acceptable plan for your life. It will cause you to have the abundant life and be fulfilled and happy. But in order to obtain that good, perfect and acceptable life one must die to self. Paul revealed this truth when he said, “I die daily.” I Corinthians 15:31b
God described the occasion in His servant David’s life when David gave up his will and totally surrendered his life to God. The Bible describes this moment as precious, “Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.” Psalms 116:15
6. You were saved to learn to walk by faith and serve God. Man has a tendency to look at things around him which causes him to draw back in unbelief. God wants man to learn His Word, and by faith obey it. The statement, the just [saved] are to walk by faith, is found many times in God’s Word. In fact, the Bible declares that, without faith it is impossible to please Him [God], Hebrews 11:6. The Apostle John stated that faith is the victory which overcomes the world, “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” I John 5:4
7. You will have to stand all by yourself at the Judgment Seat and give an account of how you lived to God.
a. God inspired Solomon to give his life as an experiment and find out why man is on the earth and how man should live in the book of Ecclesiastes. Solomon gives the conclusion of why man is on the earth in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”
b. Jesus could come at any time to judge and reward His people. In I Corinthians 3:8 Paul states that every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor, “Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.” Those who showed no mercy by trying to win the lost or help the poor, unfortunate people will have no mercy at the Judgment Seat, but severe punishment, “For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.” James 2:13
c. God longs to say, well done thou good and faithful servant to every child of God when He comes. But in order for Him to say thou good and faithful servant, one must first be a good and faithful servant.
d. The Bible teaches that how you live on this earth for 1000 years during the millennium will be determined by how you serve God in your Christian life today. Some will live in a big house with servants and a place of distinction, while others will live in regret in a lowly position of servitude. This is the reason God admonishes every child of God to work out his salvation with fear and trembling, “Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” Philippians 2:12
By following these simple pointers God has allowed me to live a fruitful and happy life the past 65 years. These principles from the Bible worked for me and they will work for you. God is not a respecter of persons.
Healing Words for Addicted People was written for anyone who is fighting a losing battle.
To those who are struggling with addictions!
God’s Word promises absolute victory…
IF…and when one follows Truths which lift from defeat to Victorious Living
Truth One – The Proper Recognition – God
Truth Two – The Proper Manual – The Bible
Truth Three – The Proper Lifestyle – I’m the Lords
Truth Four – The Proper Protection – The Church
In a world of no hope, there is hope and victory…
and it is for you, the addict and struggling Christian.
The dog you feed…CONTROLS!
Perfecting the Saints is a command to evangelist, pastors and teachers. This book will help believers grow so they can do “the work of the ministry”. It will help them develop in the following areas:
• Walking by Faith
• Overcoming Visitation Fright and Insecurities
• Recognizing and Overcoming the Attacks of the Devil
• Overcoming Their Awkwardness in Witnessing
Perfecting the Saints is a textbook used in the first hour of the Personal Growth Seminar; A five week course developed by the author who has gone soul-winning each week for over 60 years.
Dr. Brian McMath calls the Personal Growth Seminar fabulous and recommends it to every pastor and church.
Contact us for more information.
GOD DESIGNED FISH FOR THE WATER
BIRDS TO FLY THROUGH THE SKIES
PARENTS TO HAVE CHILDREN
AND YOU—THE SAVED—TO WIN SOULS
Everything was designed by its Creator to reproduce. “And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind,…” Genesis 1:24
It is natural for two people when they are married to start a family. He does not have to be a “Mr. Atlas” nor her a “Miss America”. Any little scrawny thing can become a parent.
God commissioned Adam to be fruitful, multiply and replenish the earth. God is much more interested in eternal fruit than physical fruit. If every creature was to reproduce after “Its kind”, then this principle is true in the Spiritual realm also. Jesus stated this principle in John 15:16 when He said, “Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit,…” Proverbs 11:30 identifies that the fruit of the righteous (saved) is a tree of life, or soul-winning. John 15:16 literally says you are designed to win souls when it states; YOU ARE CHOSEN (SAVED) TO BRING FORTH FRUIT.
Christianity has become a mere philosophy in this nominal twenty first century. A person is considered a good Christian if he lives a separated life and believes in the fundamentals of the faith. But Jesus said, “People know you are a good Christian when YOU BEAR FRUIT.” Herein is my Father glorified-when you believe the Bible is the inspired Word? NO! When you believe in the deity of Jesus Christ? NO!
YOU BEAR MUCH FRUIT or win many souls. Then He goes ahead and refers to a principle which is accepted by mankind throughout the world. When a tree produces large, well formed, delicious fruit in abundance, it is recognized as a GOOD TREE. He said, so shall ye be (made manifest) my disciples, that is WHEN YOU WIN MANY SOULS (much fruit) you manifest yourself to those watching as a good Christian and your heavenly Father is glorified.
This book, DESIGNED TO WIN, is written on the premise that if all saved people are to bear fruit or win souls, then the process of soul-winning HAS TO BE SIMPLE! If all are to do it, if all can do it, SOUL-WINNING MUST BE SIMPLE!
Once the soul-winning method is mastered and a person learns how to offset his inner fears, the attacks of the Devil and a few principles, then soul-winning becomes a natural way of life for the HEALTHY CHRISTIAN.